Resident Visa (D Visa) is issued to an alien who comes to reside permanently in China.
You have to submit the following documents with your application:
- 1. Passport: Your valid passportmust have at least six (6) months of remaining validity with at least one blank visa page in it.
- 2. Application form: One completed Visa Application Form
- 3. Photo: one passport photo (black & white or color is acceptable) glued or stapled on the application form.
- 4. If you are applying in US but you are a Non-US passport bearers, you shall provide documents that entitle them to reside or work for an extended period of time in the US, and previous Chinese visa.
- 5. An applicant who was born in China is required to submit his /her Chinese passport or last foreign passport with a Chinese visa when he/she applies for a Chinese visa with a new foreign passport.
- 6. Residence Approval Certificate issued by the Chinese public security bureau. (The applicant may entrust his or her relatives within China to apply for this certificate with the said authority.).
- 7. A Physical Examination Certificate for Foreign Citizen.
How to apply
- 1. You may come to the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate – General in the consular jurisdiction in which you live to submit the application; or
- 2. If you cannot come personally, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to come to the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate -General in the consular jurisdiction in which you live for the application process.
No appointment is required.
Mailed applications are not acceptableand will be refused.
Mail back service is available (make sure you read INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION MAIL SERVICE) .
- 1. The regular processing time is 4 working days.
- 2. Express service: 2-3 working days processing, $20 will be charged per visa.
- 3. Same day rush service: additional fees of $30 for 1 working day processing (applications presented before 12:00pm may be picked up between 2:30pm-3:00pm on the same day).
- 1. Please pay by Visa, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier’s Check, Company Check or Cash. Personal checks are not acceptable.
- 2. Please make the check or money order payable to the Chinese Consulate.
- 3. Visa Fees
Number of EntryAmericanCitizens of other countries
Single Entry$130$30 Double Entry$130$30 Multiple Entry for 6 Months$130$30 Multiple Entry for 12 Months$130$30 Multiple Entry for 24 Months$130$30
- 1. If the visa application form is not filled out completely, correctly and legibly, this can cause a delay in processing or refusal of the requested visa.
- 2. Please request your visa according to your times of entry, duration of stay and time of entry.
- 3. Applicants may need to provide other documents required by Consular officers.
- 4. Any person suffering from a mental disorder, leprosy, AIDS, venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other such infectious diseases shall not be permitted to enter China.